My little girl-butt turns twelve on Saturday. Unbelievable, I know. We celebrated with a few of her friends at a painting party last weekend and will be taking her out for the brunch of her choice on the actual day.
In honor of this special occasion, I want to share twelve cute things she said when she was little (once upon a time I used to blog her nonsense). Just thinking about some of these things melts my ice-cold heart.
- My finger tastes good because of the play-dough.
- That television isn’t on. Maybe it’s a clapper. [claps in an effort to turn on the television]
- Everything I’m saying to you is a sentence.
- While watching television, Dad jokes that a song playing is “old school.” She looks at the television and says: Yeah, that is a school. You can tell it is old. That is an old school.
- Titter! [Translation: Thank you!]
- Yah-der! [Translation: I love you!]
- Dabu! [Translation: Grandma!]
- Rachel Ray is going on vacation and – guess what! – we can join her!
- [yelling] Come in here and turn me something on that isn’t the damn old news!
- Daughter: Did you watch the thing to see who won to be president?
Mom: We didn’t elect the president yet; that was just the debate.
Daughter: Yeah, they argued. [gestures with hands to indicate back and forth] But they tied so now they have to do it again.
- You have a habit of yelling! [aside] Just like Daddy!
- I’m gifted. That means I’m smarter than you.