It is no secret that I love this time of year. Winter is my absolute favorite season, so when my birthday passes, the leaves start to change, and the temperature starts to dip, it only means we’ve begun the ultimate countdown to the time when I’m at my best.
In honor of this wonderful time of year, I’m issuing myself challenge. I’ve scoured the interwebs looking for the best, the most fun, the quintessential, and the stereotypical to create a list of all the activities that represent fall. I call it “Stephanie’s Freakin’ Awesome Legendary List” or FALL for short.
No complaints about what is or isn’t on my list. A few things got nixed right at the beginning because I really dislike them or they just don’t fit in with out still-pretty-warm climate.
I’m going to try to do all of these things on this list and report back here for your enjoyment. Time frame = today through Thanksgiving. If I do all of these things, you can live vicariously through me and just stay on the couch.
Some ground rules: 1) Completing this list cannot interfere with my actual obligations. 2) The husband and kids will not be forced to go along with any activity they don’t want to complete, but I reserve the right to coerce someone else into it. 3) The husband has the right to tell me to cool it if my activities get out of hand – not that I would ever do something like that. Oh no, not me. 4) Completing the list has to fit into the regular budget.
Stephanie’s Freakin’ Awesome Legendary List
1) Take a drive to look at the changing leaves
2) Drink a pumpkin latte
3) Eat something that really shouldn’t be pumpkin flavored
4) Carve a pumpkin
5) Create a centerpiece with gourds
6) Visit a pumpkin patch
7) Go trick-or-treating
8) Buy candy corn, but probably don’t eat it
9) Tell a ghost story
11) Drink cider
12) Poke cloves into oranges for another centerpiece
13) Wear an adorable knitted hat
14) Roast pumpkin seeds
15) Create a fall-themed wreath
16) Make a turkey out of a handprint
17) Watch “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!”
18) Make food that tastes delicious, but looks like something scary or disgusting
19) Go apple picking
20) Make an apple pie